Thursday, March 15, 2012

Vintage Patio Chairs!!

I finally got the time to paint my Vintage patio chairs! If you remember I found them. They were on the curb to be picked up. Here is a picture of them when I found them.
I had to sand them down. Which I'm not the best at. But I tried to get them smooth.
Then I covered out back the ground with a plastic tarp. I turned them upside down and painted the back and bottom first. I decided to use a happy apple green.
I turned them right side up and sprayed painted the seat and back and arms.
I let them dry overnite. I spray painted the tubeing white. It was hard to do and I tried to mask off the green.
I had to turn them upside down to paint the bottoms. It was super hard not to get white on green. And I am no expert!!! But I'm happy with how it went.
Then Waa Laa they were done!!! I'm real happy with how they turned out.
Remember don't be afraid of great color!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love these Susan. They turned out so pretty. They look like a million dollars!!! I bet they would sell for $100 each on ebay.
    Your amazing with the decorating stuff. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wondering why you didn't paint the white first since it was so hard to do it last?

    ReplyDelete