Thursday, February 23, 2012

With a Captial "S"



My latest interesting web site is Pinterest. I kept seeing these letters covered in buttons and corks. So I thought I would make one for my bedroom. It took me a while to find the right size I wanted. But found one at Joanne's Fabrics. So here it is while painting it blue.


It was a little bright. So I added some black paint and calmed it down. Then I started adding the bling!!!

I covered every inch. Exept the back. I'm going to stand it on my nightstand.
I plan on painting my furniture black. Here is the finished "S". It took me quite a white. (And a few glue gun burns on the fingers).



While I was doing the "S" I started replacing my kitchen faucet. What a pain in the rear end. Living in a mobile home, well lets just say Nothing is normal size. After shutting down the water to the house. I removed the old faucet. I know now why I don't do plumbing much. Crawling under the sink......kills the back!!!

I would love a new sink. But of course that's a weird size too. And I'm not going to attempt that one on my own. After installing the new faucet. I was super pleased. Except of course it leaked a little underneath. GRRRRRRRR!! So I had to take it all apart again. Shutting off and on the water to the house. I need flex hoses under the sink. My house is so old 1966. All the piping is copper tubes. And they don't like to be messed with much. So anyways after the second try it seems to be ok. Until I can get flex hoses and then my son!! (thank you Jesus) will help me. Let's just say I said a few prayers though this project!!
And what was Buddy doing the whole time??? Like always, resting.


And always with great color!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment